The Top Texas Holdem Poker Starting Hands
Every Poker player knows that you don’t play every hand you’re dealt. But, how do you know which hands to play and which to fold?
A Flush is among the strongest hands in Texas Holdem since it beats most hands and is beaten by a few hands. When a hand has 5 cards of a similar suit, it is called a 'Flush.' Some hands that can defeat a flush include a full house (also called a 'boat') which comprises five cards made up of 3-of-a-kind and a pair. If you want to learn how to play poker and what poker hands beat what, read on to learn some of the basics of the game, poker. The Basics of Poker At its very core, poker is a card game. Today, poker is also a gambling game, a game of strategy, a sport, and an industry. Skilled players can win a lot of money by playing poker “well”. Some players, especially at the lower levels, play any ace or any hand with an ace and any card the same suit as the ace. At lower levels you’ll often see hands where a player with an ace and a small off card hit two pair and beat a hand with a pair of aces and a large second hole card that doesn’t pair up. Poker Hand Rankings. Strategy Guides. What Beats What. Poker Players Forum. Easy Tells in Beginner Level Games 11 Write a comment. Poker Strategy for Garage Games 13 Write a comment. BE AN EXCLUSIVE WHAT BEATS WHAT MEMBER AND RECEIVE NEWS AND UPDATES TO YOUR EMAIL. ©2020 by What Beats What in Poker Hand Rankings & Strategy. The simplest definition of a bad beat is when a poker hand that is a favorite to win, loses to an underdog hand that catches up and beats it. Let’s say for example, in a typical no-limit hold’em game or no-limit hold’em tournament, you go all-in before the flop with the best possible hand at that moment: Ace, Ace.
Best Starting Hands in Texas Holdem Poker to Play
Which Hands Beat What In Poker Card Game
How do you know which starting hands to play?
This is a question that every poker player, amateur or professional, should always be prepared for at the start of every hand, fundamental to poker strategy. You do not want to play every hand, you must know when to fold. If you know which starting hands to play, you can conduct the game in your favour.
Learn Texas Holdem Poker
Bad Beat Poker Hand
Here are the Top 10 Best Starting Hands in Texas Hold’em Poker-
- AA – Pocket Aces or Bullets is the strongest starting hand in poker. Play Strongly, But bear in mind – even though it’s is the best starting hand, you will be left with only one pair if the board doesn’t improve.
- KK – Pocket Kings or Cowboys – The second-best starting hand after Aces. But if an Ace turns up post-flop, you will lose to anyone holding a single Ace in their starting hand.
- QQ – Pocket Queens or Ladies – the third best starting hand with a winning probability of 80% pre-fop.
- JJ – Pocket Jacks or Fishhooks – Pre-flop, it has a 78% chance of winning and is still a still a very strong hand. Be mindful of opponents.
- AKs – Big Slick – Ace King suited is the top unpaired starting hand to have in a game of poker. Also called Anna Kournikova or Kalashnikov (AK rifle) by recreational players
- Ts – TNT or Tension. The nickname for Pocket Tens is because having a pair of tens pre-flop is tense because of the high chance of overcards.
- AQs – Big Chick – Ace Queen suited is another hand with the potential to win the pot.
- AKo – Big Slick – Ace King off-suits also rank high in the chart and is capable of winning at least 40% of the time against any other hand (except aces or kings).
- AJs – Armani Jeans – Ace and Jack suited is better than most other hands. However, if an opponent raises from early position, proceed with caution.
- KQs – Marriage – King and Queen suited is a strong hand that can end up a making Royal Flush.
Other Possible Hands–
- Suited Connectors (98s, 76s, T9s)
- Offsuit Connectors (T9o, 98o, 54o, JTo)
- Suited Gappers (97s, T8s, KJs)
*s refers to suited cards (of the same suit)
*o refers to off-suited cards (of different suits)
Which Hands Beat What In Poker Terms
There are a possible 169 non-equivalent starting hands (ignoring specific suits) in a standard 52-card deck in Texas Hold’em Poker. So, here’s a chart with detailing the win percentage of Texas Holdem starting hands-
51% Betpalace android app download.
Top Texas Holdem Starting Hands You Should Pray For
- Every player is dealt two cards face down
- Five community cards are placed on the table (whose value is shown as the round progresses).
- All players try to make the best five-card combination from among the board and personal cards and bet on the same.
- Best hand at the end of the round is declared the winner(s) and wins the pot.
It’s only by knowing how to master the basics do you become a poker player who is taken very seriously by his/her opponents. Learn more about the basics of poker-
Poker Diaries: Online Poker vs Offline Poker – The Similarities, The Differences
Poker Diaries: When To Bet & When To Fold With The PreFlop Range Chart
Poker Diaries: Different Types of Poker Playing Styles & Personality
Poker Diaries: Importance of Playing in Position
Poker Diaries: What Are Outs & How To Calculate Them?
Poker Diaries: What are Pot Odds and Equity?