Make a colorful dream catcher using paper wire, string, beads and feathers.
By Amanda Formaro
- Rainbow Dream Catcher. As a Native American legend is told, by hanging a dream catcher over your sleeping area, the bad dreams will be deterred by the bead in the web, wile the presence of the feather will attract and allow the good dreams to pass through.
- Dream catchers aren’t just pretty wall hangings, they are part of Native American heritage. The legend says that night time is full of good and bad dreams and that the dream catcher’s job is to capture the bad dreams within its web, allowing the good dreams to pass through.
- RAINBOW DREAMCATCHER, Huge Handmade CROCHET Dreamcatcher, 46 Inch Native American Indian Design, 7 Chakra Dream Catcher Wall Hanging AmazonCrystals From shop AmazonCrystals.
What You Need:
RAINBOW DREAMCATCHER,Handmade Crochet Chakra Dreamcatcher,Native American Indian Design, Large 27' Dreamcatcher With Double Chakra FEATHERS. From shop AmazonCrystals. 5 out of 5 stars. (3,371) 3,371 reviews. $28.88 FREE shipping. Only 2 available and it's in more than 20 people's carts.
- 2 pieces of 18 gauge paper stem wire OR supple twigs
- Rainbow string
- Pony beads in several colors
- 2 colorful feathers
What You Do:
Bend the 2 paper stems into a circle, twist the ends together to combine them. If you are using twigs, look for supple twigs that are bendable. Use some string to tie the ends together.
Cut off a length of string, about 2 arms lengths (both arms stretched out). Wrap the string around two fingers, this will keep it at a workable length as you wrap it around your wire/twig circle.
Rainbow Dream Catcher Crochet
Tie the end of the string to the circle. Stretch the string 1/4 of the way around the circle and wrap around twice. Stretch the string 1/4 of the way around the circle again, wrap around twice. Repeat two more times, you should end up where you started.
Stretch the string across the length of the circle and tuck into the stretched string, wrapping it around once, then stretching across the circle again, repeating this process as many times as you like, criss crossing in a pattern to your liking.
When your web is almost complete, it’s time to add some beads. Unwrap the remaining wound up string, trim, leaving about 18” of string to work with. Thread on 2-3 colorful beads, stretch and wrap the string again.
Add 2-3 more colorful beads, stretch and wrap, then tie off the string to the circle.
Rainbow Dream Catcher Tattoo
Use about 20” of string, fold it in half to create a loop. Run the loop under the circle and thread the open ends of the string through the loop, pull it tight. Tie the loose ends into a knot. This is your hanger.
Repeat this process two more times at the bottom of the circle. Thread 4-5 colorful beads onto each length of string, wrap the bottom end of the string around the end of a feather.
Slide a bead down onto the feather end to secure.
Rainbow Dream Meaning
Optional: Instead of string, you can also use yarn. Giro d italia list of winners. Each dream catcher will be unique as there’s no particular pattern for wrapping the webs. Wrap as much or as little as you like.