- Nj Sports Betting Apps
- Best Betting Apps
- Best Legal Sports Betting Apps
- Mgm Nj Sports Betting App
- Nj Sports Betting Online
New York is one of those states that is maddening in the sports betting industry because it represents so much untapped potential. That’s because the current legal framework severely limits the market’s performance.
Sports betting is legal in the Empire State, but only at commercial and tribal casinos’ retail sportsbooks.
New Jersey Sports Betting Apps The state of NJ is dotted with racetracks and casinos from where players can enjoy land-based gaming. In addition to this, players can enjoy gaming online at the comfort of their homes. Below are just but a few of the best New Jersey Sports-Betting Apps. New Jersey Sports Betting: NJ Sportsbook Sites, Apps & Promos. If you are physically in New Jersey then you can legally bet online! There are a number of online sportsbooks you can join, so take a look at the list below and choose your favorite.
While legislators have made attempts to include mobile betting, so far, none of them have made a significant amount of progress.
However, New Yorkers are not doomed to make a trip to a casino every time they want to place a bet. Two bordering states, New Jersey and Pennsylvania, have legal online sportsbooks active. They are more than happy to accept wagers from NY residents.
Most of New York’s population lives closer to the New Jersey border than the border with Pennsylvania, so let’s focus on popular sports betting apps in the Garden State. The good news is that for all these sportsbooks, you can register for an account and deposit online from your New York home. You do have to cross the state line, however, to actually place your bets.
Top betting apps out of NJ
While there are many betting apps to choose from in New Jersey, we suggest these as your best sportsbook options:
Download sports betting apps in NY and bet in NJ
Honestly, the most complicated part of betting on an NJ online sportsbook is just getting to New Jersey. The rest of the process is very simple and only takes a few steps:
- Look around to find the best NJ betting app for you: You can certainly use the browser on your computer to bet, but given you will be heading over to NJ to bet, most people choose to download an app to easily bet on your phone. With almost 20 sports betting apps to choose from, it is worth taking time to do your research and read some app reviews before diving in. There is no de facto best app. Finding the best sportsbook app for you is about looking for what betting markets an app offers, what the rewards program is like, what kind of deposit and no-deposit bonuses are available, and the promos that best suit what you like to bet on.
- Download an app (or apps, even): You can download a mobile betting app without leaving your New York couch, but let us help you navigate where on your phone to find them. If you want to bet on your iPhone, you can navigate to the website of the sportsbook of your choice and download the app there or you can find it in the Apple App Store. You want to be careful though because some apps, like BetMGM, have specific versions for each state, so you want to be sure to pick the New Jersey app.
- Create an account: We’ve all opened a million online accounts, we know what they generally entail. In order to bet on a sportsbook app, you’ll need to provide your name, address, birthday, phone, number, and email. What is different from the standard account is that you will need to provide a partial Social Security number. All regulated sportsbooks are required to use this to verify your age and identity, making sure you are who you say you are and you are at least 21 years old.
- Deposit: You can get money on your new sportsbook account in several different ways and don’t need to leave NY to do so. Most sports betting apps offer several deposit methods like Paypal, ACH transfer, Play+ prepaid card, and some credit cards. If you have trouble getting your card to deposit, most bettors find that Paypal or another e-wallet is the easiest way to fund an account.
- Get to NJ and in on the action: You can easily browse betting lines in New York even though you can’t get on them. That is useful for getting a sense of where a line is at, but be advised that betting odds change and move all the time, so there is no guarantee that line will still be there once you get to the Jersey side of the state line. Also, sometimes geolocation will be a little finicky, so make sure you are amply over the border when you bet.
While New Jersey certainly doesn’t lack in choices for bettors, not all sportsbooks are equal. Some are superior to others in terms of the variety and volume of markets available, the number and quality of promotions, and the level of customer service.
Top 5 sports betting apps for New York bettors
Five such sportsbooks stand out from the rest on these points along with their accessibility and convenience in the Garden State. Those books are:
BetMGM was one of the first sports betting apps in New Jersey and hasn’t looked back since. One of the best parts about the app is that sports bettors can accrue points for the VIP Rewards program.
While other sportsbook apps offer rewards like free bets, you can use the points you earn betting on sports on the BetMGM app for offline perks like discounted hotel rooms at MGM properties around the country. On top of that, you’ll find competitive odds and promos within the sportsbook component.
If you’re going to be in New Jersey for longer than it takes to get your bets down, you can also access BetMGM’s suite of online casino products. You can earn rewards there, as well.
Nj Sports Betting Apps
In New Jersey, the first is certainly far from the worst. DraftKings was the first sportsbook to get its app up and running in the Garden State, doing so just a few months after the US Supreme Court cleared the way in 2018.
Since then, DraftKings has consistently been the market share winner, claiming more handle than any other NJ sportsbook month after month. It’s not difficult to understand why.
On top of having a ready-made customer base through its daily fantasy sports contests, DraftKings has been one of the most aggressive companies in marketing its products in the country. That includes attractive and frequent promotions.
The app is easy to use and has all the betting markets a sports fan could want.
Since launching in September 2018, just a month after DraftKings went online with its offering, FanDuel Sportsbook has also enjoyed converting its DFS customers to sports bettors in the Garden State. Its retail component in New Jersey, at Meadowlands Racetrack, often ranks at the top of that heap. It is one of the most popular online betting options, as well.
FanDuel is also very aggressive in terms of marketing itself. It’s easy to take advantage of the offers within the app, as well as navigate the markets.
The sportsbook also offers a rewards program and access to online casino products. Perhaps the best part, however, is the promotions that the company offers on a frequent basis.
Have you ever gotten a sports bet right by a wide margin and wished you could be rewarded for being so correct? PointsBet may be just the app for you.
While PointsBet offers all the markets you’d expect via its betting app, you aren’t limited to just the standard options. You can place a point spread or totals bet, and the greater the margin your bet is correct by, the more you stand to win. Of course, should this bet be wrong, the more wrong it is, the more you stand to lose. The company calls this option “Points Betting.”
The company also offers rewards and promotions on a regular basis. The app is easy to navigate and integrates its partnerships with high-profile former athletes in its branding.
Despite being in New Jersey since December 2018, PointsBet is one of the newest brands in the US gambling market. The last company on the list is at the opposite end of that spectrum.
In terms of global sports betting, William Hill could be considered one of the OGs. In the same way, William Hill was one of the first to market in New Jersey, rolling out the NJ sports betting app in 2018.
It’s used all its experience to establish a foothold in the Garden State. The app’s competitive odds, frequent promotions, volume of markets and successful user interface also haven’t hurt.
If reputation as a trusted sportsbook is of importance to you, there’s no reason to look any further than William Hill. It has the action to keep you engaged regularly.
Now that you’re aware of which sportsbooks to try in NJ, the next pertinent matter is discovering whether you’re eligible to place bets in New Jersey. Fortunately, most bettors will qualify.
New York sports betting app options
If you’re looking to cross the NY/NJ border to place some bets, you’ll obviously need to know which sports betting apps are available in New Jersey and what types of wagers you can place. Each NJ sportsbook will feature the basic sports betting markets you’d expect to find:
- Live or in game
- Point spread
As the most robust market in the US in terms of variety of online sportsbooks, New Jersey boasts 19 online sportsbooks right now. Those sportsbooks are:
- 888 Sport
- BetMGM Sports
- Borgata Sports
- FOX Bet
- Golden Nugget Sportsbook
- Hard Rock
- William Hill
- Wynn Sports
Who can use NJ sports betting apps?
For the most part, you can legally place bets in New Jersey if you meet the following qualifications:
- At least 21 years of age.
- Not on any gambling self-exclusion lists.
- Physically located within the borders of NJ when you place your wager.
However, as previously mentioned, you can register for new accounts for NJ sports betting apps, make deposits and cash out your winnings from anywhere. The only thing you can’t do on a New Jersey sports betting app while in New York is actually place bets.
The process of getting started with sports betting online in New Jersey is simple, though it does vary somewhat based on what operating system your phone uses.
How to place bets on Apple devices
If you want to use your iPad or iPhone to place a bet in New Jersey, you can do so in a matter of minutes. Just open the App Store on your device and search for the sportsbook(s) you want to use.
Some of the sportsbooks, like BetMGM and William Hill, have apps specific to New Jersey. Make sure you’re downloading the correct app for use in the Garden State.
After you download the app, it will walk you through the process of registering an account. You will need to provide the following information for it to verify your eligibility:
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
- Legal name
- Mailing address
After you’ve registered, you need to add funds to your account in order to wager. Most sportsbooks accept a variety of payment forms, so one should work for you. These are the options typically available at NJ online sportsbooks:
- Credit/debit card
- Bank transfer
- Play+ prepaid card
How to place bets on Android devices
The process with Android devices has one main difference in terms of getting started. If you open up the Google Play marketplace and search for an app related to your sportsbook of choice, you’ll come up empty.
That’s because Google doesn’t permit gambling apps on its store. That doesn’t mean there are no Android apps for NJ sportsbooks, however.
It just means you need to get the apps direct from the source. Visit the sportsbook website using a mobile browser. The website should detect that you’re on a mobile device running on the Android operating system.
Best Betting Apps
You’ll have to enable app downloads from third parties on your device, but otherwise, it’s a simple process to install these apps. From there, the registration process is easy and the app will walk you through it.
When the registration process is complete, pay attention to your email and push notifications. Most sports betting apps offer their best promotions to first-time depositors. Don’t give up free money by missing out on those promos.
You might be asking, “If I can do everything but actually place a wager in New York, why do I need to be in New Jersey to make my bets? How does the sportsbook know where I am?” The answers are really not that complicated.
Best Legal Sports Betting Apps
How NJ sportsbooks determine your location
Federal law makes it illegal to wager on sporting events across state lines. That’s why NJ sportsbooks can only take bets from within the state.
To ensure compliance, sportsbooks in New Jersey use a variety of methods. For one thing, they utilize the geolocation technology on your device to locate you when you’re placing a wager.
Sports betting companies contract with the best geolocation services providers out there. With that powerful software, they can locate you to within a few feet.
Mgm Nj Sports Betting App
If the apps aren’t able to verify your location, they won’t allow you to place bets. So, in order to facilitate that process, make sure they have access to your location and you’re firmly across the New Jersey border when you want to place your bets.
Until the law changes in New York, this is the best option for residents to place legal bets online. New Jersey sportsbooks do their best to make it worth your effort to cross the state line.