- BJ Bridge (BriJ) is a Contract Bridge card game with a unique duplicate bridge scoring mechanism. It is designed for Android tablets and mobile devices and is suitable for beginners to advanced players.
- Basic strategy changes slightly depending on the blackjack variation you are playing, as well as the number of decks in play. However, the strategy is still pretty much the same across the board. Read on for some tips that you can use to apply basic strategy to your blackjack games. The following strategies should be applied when you have a.
- Basic strategy is just the rocket booster. It gets the shuttle high enough in the atmosphere for the shuttle to do the rest of the work. The rocket booster never makes it to space. You’ll need counting, deviations, true count conversions and betting strategy to actually beat the game of blackjack but that’s for later.
Table Of Contents
The basic blackjack strategy and no-bust strategy are based on the cards you (and the dealer) are dealt with. Most other blackjack strategies are centered around your bets. You can think of them as tactics for blackjack bankroll management. Whether you Hit, Stand, Split,. The following tables show the basic strategy under the 8-deck Las Vegas rules after the switch decision has been made. The reason for the differences compared to conventional blackjack strategy is the push on 22 rule.
Are you looking for the best blackjack strategy to maximise your winning odds when you play online? You'll love these tips.
Finding a way to get higher chances to win at blackjack shouldn't be so hard.
The basic strategy is the best way to play blackjack — and when you combine it with some strategy tips on bankroll management and what to do after you win, you have really reached the maximum you can.
In other words, if you are looking for the best blackjack betting strategy to increase your chances to win, you'll love this guide.
In the parts that follow you will find:
- And lots more
We also put together a collection of the best bonuses to play online. This way, you can use those freebies to test the blackjack basic strategy and all the tips in this article.EXCLUSIVE: Claim Your Bonus and Play!
Register a FREE account and claim your bonus to play online blackjack!
What this guide is NOT
- A collection of tips to win at blackjack
- A list of systems that promise to make blackjack profitable
- The illusion that you can beat the game
Blackjack is a gambling game where the casino has an advantage. It doesn't matter what approach you take or what blackjack strategy you follow. In the long run, the casino always wins.
Why Follow a Blackjack Betting Strategy?
Let's face it - we have all been there. We have all looked for the best and the most effective strategy to win at blackjack after we lost our first hands online.
With the right blackjack strategy it's possible to increase your winning chances, and that's because blackjack isn't a gambling game like roulette, video poker, or slots.
If you follow the basic betting strategy and you learn how to use the information you have at your disposal, you can reach optimal play giving yourself the best chances to win include in the game.
Professional players have worked hard to 'solve' the game of blackjack and find how to play each hand to get the best winning odds.
They analysed how the number of decks in play affects your chances to win and how you can make the best decision based on the cards you see on the table.
- That's what they call the 'blackjack basic strategy. A list of dos and don'ts where you find exactly how you are supposed to play each and every hand you are dealt.
This is the best strategy for blackjack.
The goal of the blackjack basic strategy isn't to help you win at blackjack every time you play. That's impossible. Instead, it is to help you maximize your winning chances and to minimize your losses.
That's also the goal of this guide. We don't list all the strategies for blackjack out there. Instead, we focus only on the best blackjack strategies that are known to work and should help you get better results when you play.
Starting from the tips and tricks included in our cheat-sheet.
READ ALSO: How to play online blackjack with friends.
What Is the Blackjack Basic Strategy?
Knowing how to manage your money is as important in blackjack as it is in all gambling games. A correct 'bankroll management' is essential when you play — regardless of the blackjack strategies you apply to your games.
Knowing how to bet (and how much) and how to select the right game when you play online blackjack for real money is extremely important.
Once you have those basics covered, you can move into the basic blackjack strategy and learn how you are supposed to invest your money once the dealer gives you the initial two cards.
As soon as the cards reach you and the dealer opens one of their cards, you have to make your first choice. In a game of blackjack, that means you need to pick one of these options:
Do you know why the basic blackjack strategy is also considered to be the best way to discover how to win at blackjack? Because it uses basic logic.
Would you hit if your first two cards gave you 20 points? Of course not.
Would you stand if your starting hand was worth five points? Not a chance.
While these choices are very simple on hands like the ones I use in my example, things get (a lot) more complicated with different cards on the table.
Let me give you a few examples.
- How do you play soft 17 in blackjack?
- When do you hit on a 16?
- What to do with 15 in blackjack?
This is where the basic blackjack strategy comes in to help you get the best chances to win.
This collection of tips shows you the optimal play for every blackjack hands, calculating your winning odds in combination with the dealer's open card.
The basic strategy to win at blackjack has nothing to do with concepts like card counting or any of those tricks some 'clever' players adopt to beat the house.
This is a simple-to-use guideline that shows you exactly how you are supposed to play every possible hand of blackjack. Use it to know when it is recommended to hit, to stand, or to do something else.
|Dealer's card >||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||A|
|Dealer's card >||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||A|
|Dealer's card >||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||A|
S = Stand
H = Hit
Dh = Double (if not allowed, then hit)
Ds = Double (if not allowed, then stand)
SP = Split
SU = Surrender (if not allowed, then hit)
A Blackjack Cheat Sheet
To make things even easier for you and help you follow the best betting strategy whenever you play blackjack, we created a quick cheat-sheet with the basic strategy explained in full.
Basic Strategy Blackjack Card
Download the blackjack cheat-sheet (it's free) and print it or save it on your mobile phone to keep it always with you when you play.
The blackjack basic strategy cheat-sheet is 100% legal and you can use it both when you play online and at a brick-and-mortar casino.
A Conservative Blackjack Strategy
Don't play high-stakes games unless you feel ready for them and you have enough money to spend on online games.
Bj Basic Strategy Test
If you are reading this blackjack strategy guide and you are a beginner, you should be afraid of high-stakes games.
When you spend too much money on your games, you risk getting the opposite of what you want. You play to have fun and to find out how to get more chances to win at blackjack - and you end broke and frustrated.
The best way to play blackjack is to start with what I call a conservative approach. Because finding the right way top handle betting in blackjack is key to long-term fun.
Basic Strategy Chart
Like many blackjack strategies suggest, you should increase the stakes only when things go well and any potential losses are compensated by the money you have already won, not the one you might win if you get lucky.
In other words, raise your bet every time you win.
Many players believe wins and losses come in streaks. They think you might lose five or six times in a row — but when you win…you are not going to do it just once.
Obviously, that's not true.
Blackjack is a gambling game and there are no patterns for you to exploit or streaks that you can use to win more money every time you play.
There are, however, smart betting strategies like the basic blackjack strategy that can help you increase the chances of a victory.
With that in mind, a conservative blackjack strategy works like this:
- Start from the lowest bet (e.g. $1)
- Increase your bet by 1 unit only after you win
- Go back to the original bet after you lose
When you use this blackjack strategy, you need to go back to the original bet as soon as you lose one hand. This is the best way to be in control of your money and end a gaming session in the black.
All you need to do is to make the right choices (use the basic strategy) and raise your stakes little by little - but only when you win.
READ ALSO: Bets sites to play live dealer blackjack online.
An Aggressive Approach to Blackjack: the Martingale Strategy
The Martingale betting strategy sits at the opposite side of the spectrum. This is the perfect blackjack strategy for those players who:
- Play blackjack to win a lot of money
- Can afford to lose a lot of money
- Don't fear the swing of big losses
Blackjack Basic Strategy Guide
In other words, this is the perfect blackjack strategy for big spenders but isn't one that you should try if you are still a beginner who is looking for ways to learn how to play blackjack.
The Martingale blackjack strategy is expensive. This is a blackjack system that will help you win often - but only when I have a lot of money to invest on your games.
If you can't spend at least $500 on your games - the Martingale is not the best blackjack strategy for you.
Bj Strategy Card
But if you do — continue reading to discover how to use this betting strategy to increase your chances to win.
The Martingale strategy is the exact opposite of the conservative approach to betting in blackjack we have just seen.
When you follow this strategy, you need to double your bet every time you lose. Which, in case of a losing streak, can become very expensive very quickly.
Siru casinos. The rationale of this audacious blackjack betting strategy is that you will need only one win to go back to square one and recoup all your losses in one hand.
The caveat is: your bankroll needs to be deep enough for you to play and play until that one win comes.
Again, this isn't a betting strategy for beginners. If you decide to try it, make sure your bankroll covers at least 10 consecutive losses from the hand #1.
1-3-2-6 Blackjack Betting System
The 1-3-2-6 blackjack betting strategy is not as exciting as the Martingale strategy, and that's a good thing. This betting strategy doesn't require a huge bankroll and is a lot more suitable for players looking for a way to have better chances to win at blackjack without investing a fortune in the game.
Bj Basic Strategy
The numbers in the strategy's name indicate the way you should bet after you win a hand of blackjack.
You first winning is the trigger that starts the sequence while your first losing hand is the one that ends everything.
This blackjack betting strategy is built to get the most value out of winning streaks. If you are lucky enough to use it at the beginning of a four-hand winning streak, you are in for a treat.
READ ALSO: How to play blackjack for beginners.
How to Win More Often at Blackjack: A Few Important Tips
We all want to win at blackjack every time we play, but we also know that's impossible.
What is possible, however, is to maximise your chances to win and get better winning odds when you play blackjack online. All it takes a few simple tips.
Follow them carefully, as these blackjack tips are as important as the best blackjack betting strategy.
- Don't spend money on the 'insurance'. The insurance bet is a money-draining option created to confuse beginners. All the best blackjack strategies fail to mention is for one simple reason: no real blackjack player will ever spend their money on it.
Think about the house edge. Like we said when we went through some of the game's best betting strategies, you can't expect to win at blackjack every time you play.
Like all other casino games, the house edge is what makes sure that the casino has an advantage over the players in the long run. With that in mind, the next of our blackjack tips is one that can make a great difference for you.
Set a budget and abide to that. Experienced blackjack players know that you need to set a losing and a winning limit before the first hand is dealt.
Stop playing as soon as you hit one of them. If you lose and hit your lower limit, take a break and end your session.
If you win and you hit your highest limit, collects your winnings and leave the table. You can continue to play if you want, but you'll need to set a new bankroll and establish new limits first.
Don't miss the rules sheet. Trust me, there are more blackjack variations that you will ever play. All of them are based on the same core gameplay — but adopt rules that could break you if you aren't ready for them
One of the best parts of playing online is that the rules are always available at the table. If you are not sure you know everything about the game you want to play, click on the 'info' icon and read the rules.
Choose 3:2 over 6:5 payout. Different casinos have different payout policies - and not all of them are great for you.
Make sure you read the payout table before you begin to play a hand of real money blackjack and always choose the games with the 'regular' 3:2 payout. These are a much smarter choice compared to the 6:5 payout blackjack games you find at some online casino sites.
Use Bonuses to Find Your Favourite Blackjack Strategy
Now that you know what are the best blackjack strategies, there is only one thing left: play a few games online to find out which one works best for you.
Here's what you should fo to get the best results:
- Base all your decisions on the basic blackjack strategy
- Pick the betting strategy that suits your bankroll
- Follow all the blackjack strategy tips above to maximise your chances to win
To help you find the right games and the right betting strategy, we created a list of the best blackjack bonuses on the market.
All the sites you find in the list are licensed, pay winnings fast, and offer lots of blackjack games. Pick the ones with the best offers, register an account (it's always free), and sit at the blackjack table to start an epic battle with the dealer!The promotion presented on this page was available at the time of writing. With some Casino promotions changing on daily basis, we suggest you to check on the site if it still available. Also, please do not forget to read the terms and conditions in full before you accept a bonus.
- BriJ is designed both for beginners and those who know a bit about the game. There's copious help at every stage. If you decide to turn on hinting, there is guidance and detailed explanation for each bid and play of the cards, whether it's you or the computer playing the cards.
Touching any bidding or playing card opens a window to explain why the play was made. There is also an automatic 'Did you know' feature to offer basic guidance in the early stages of getting to know the game
- There are two free versions. BriJ Lite follows a Benjaminised Acol style of bidding, conforming in the main to the 'Bridge for All' method recommended by the English Bridge Union. Another version of BriJ, designed for beginners to the Acol style of bidding is Duplicate Bridge Beginner. This is based around the English Bridge Union Foundation Level.
SeeBriJ Bidding and Playing Conventions
- The PRO version of BriJ has further options to choose a bidding method from any of
▶ Acol - Absoulte beginner; Foundation level for EBU students; Level 2 for EBU students, Advanced ACOL (with many added conventions).
▶ SAYC (Standard American Yellow Card) - Beginner; SAYC with common conventions; Advanced SAYC (with many added conventions)
▶ Benj Acol - Basic or Advanced
Within your chosen system, the PRO version also lets you select or reject individual conventions and lets you adjust point ranges assumed for opening bids, e.g. for 1NT or 2NT
- BriJ is optimised for the type of device you are using, whether Android tablet or mobile phone.
Layouts change automatically in the mobile mode to fit in with limited screen space.
This example shows BriJ running on various android devices with varying operating systems: iPhone 4, iPhone 5, iPhone 6, iPad 2, 10.1 inch Motorola Xoom 2 tablet, Nexus 7, 8.2 inch Motorola Xoom 2ME tablet, Nexus 4 (4.7 inch) and Nexus 5 (4.95 inch), galaxy S4 (5 inch), San Francisco II (3.5 inch) Nook (7 inch).
It also shows some of the varying layouts you can choose to play the game.
At the time of writing, you can purchase a 7 inch tablet with decent screen resolution and bluetooth for under £50, so if you find BriJ useful, this could be a good option
- If you have bluetooth you can connect up with other players to practice bidding and playing as a partnership. If your partner wins the contract you get the option to play in defence (against your partner) or to play the contract at the same time and independently of partner. Connect with bluetooth and play anywhere, without Internet access!
- You can play in one or more seats at the same time, optionally choosing to see hands one at a time. You can also rotate the table to play an alternative hand, for example to mirror your seating position at a club match
- BriJ is oriented towards Duplicate Bridge. It provides realism by showing a proper bidding box. Tricks are also laid out as you would expect in a normal game. Results of your playing efforts are converted to Duplicate scores against two opponents and you can see your running average as a percentage
- Experienced club players can download hands from their club website (when using BridgeWebs). BriJ will then include double-dummy results if shown on your club site, as well as individual pairs results actually achieved. You can replay the hands against BriJ opposition to find out where you went wrong!
- You can also download Tournament deals and results and pitch yourself against champion bridge players. BriJ comes with a number of examples of tournament heats pre-loaded
- BriJ bidding and BriJ playing engines use the same logic as real human players. You have a reasonable chance of beating your computer opponents, because BriJ does not cheat by peeking at the hidden cards to find that impossible play! Like a real player, BriJ will improve all the time. Look out for later releases!
- BriJ deals are totally random. You can ask BriJ to show predictions of what contracts are likely in a particular deal and how many tricks ought to be made. Use this information before you start bidding if you want to use it as a target for your own play. Or see it only after you have played the contract
- In the PRO version, you can ask BriJ to select from random deals one that illustrates a particular convention such as Puppet Stayman, for learning / practice purposes
- Any deal can be saved for playing at a later date and can be passed to other BriJ players via email
- During bidding or play, you can cancel a card drawn in error, or UNDO bidding or play to any earlier point if you want to try an alternative strategy. There's a Claimbutton to avoid playing out to the last trick
- There is plenty of tutorial material to help you get used to the BriJ game and its many option settings, both within the game and on this website (see User Guide, Bridge Beginners and FAQ). Please use the Support page to leave feedback on things that you like/dislike, suggestions for future BriJ releases and to provide details of any problems you find.
- You can also browse the BriJ Forum to get help from other BriJ users or to offer your expertise to others