- These are standard hand rankings for most poker games and apply to all high-hand poker variations including Texas Hold'em, Omaha and Stud. You'll find a printable poker hand rankings chart below the hand rankings as well as answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about poker hands and poker hand ranking.
- Bonus Package: 100% Poker Welcome Bonus Recommended Bonus: 100% up to $1,000 Bonus Code: NEWBOL Last Checked: February 2021 Compatible on: Mobiles, laptops, desktops BetOnline Poker is one of the highest-ranking card rooms for US players for a number of reasons, among which is the fact that the site offers some of the highest clearance rates for credit and debit cards as depositing methods.
Use our list of the best online poker sites to browse through all the bonuses available in 2020 and read the in-depth reviews of all the top poker rooms in the world to find the right room for you.
This is how the suits ranking is.
Suits have no value or meaning in poker. There are four suits: Spades, Hearts, Diamonds and Clubs to a standard deck of cards. There are 13 cards in a suit.
Suits never break a tie for winning the pot, but break ties between cards of the same ranking.
Here are instances where suits come into play if there are ties between cards of the same ranking.
In Seven-Card Stud and Stud eight-or-better to decide the bring-in hand, where the player with the lowest card must start the action.
In Razz to decide the bring-in hand, where the player with the highest card must start the action.
In a game with a split pot as in Seven-Card Stud, where the player with the highest card receives the Odd chip.
At the start of button type games to see where the dealer button is being placed, player with the highest card wins.
Therefore I will rank the suits for you in two different formats.
From high to low:
Spades, Hearts, Diamonds, Clubs.
In Razz to decide the bring-in hand, the highest card (tie by suit) starts the action. The highest suit is Spades here.
From low to high (Alphabetically):
Clubs, Diamonds, Hearts, Spades. No deposit bonus.
In Stud to decide the bring-in hand, the lowest card (tie by suit) starts the action. The lowest suit is Clubs here.
Nevada Poker Rooms
Poker Rules - Table Stakes - Buttons In Poker - Poker Basics
Cards Ranking - Suits Ranking - Hands Ranking
Structures In Poker - Betting Language - Game Types
Seven-Card Stud - Stud High-Low Split - Razz And Ace-To-Five
Seven-Card Stud Deuce-To-Seven Low
Hold'em - Omaha, Omaha High-Low Split - Pineapple, Crazy Pineapple
The Top Texas Holdem Poker Starting Hands
Every Poker player knows that you don’t play every hand you’re dealt. But, how do you know which hands to play and which to fold?
Best Starting Hands in Texas Holdem Poker to Play
How do you know which starting hands to play?
This is a question that every poker player, amateur or professional, should always be prepared for at the start of every hand, fundamental to poker strategy. You do not want to play every hand, you must know when to fold. If you know which starting hands to play, you can conduct the game in your favour.
Learn Texas Holdem Poker
Here are the Top 10 Best Starting Hands in Texas Hold’em Poker-
Best 2 Cards To Get In Poker
- AA – Pocket Aces or Bullets is the strongest starting hand in poker. Play Strongly, But bear in mind – even though it’s is the best starting hand, you will be left with only one pair if the board doesn’t improve.
- KK – Pocket Kings or Cowboys – The second-best starting hand after Aces. But if an Ace turns up post-flop, you will lose to anyone holding a single Ace in their starting hand.
- QQ – Pocket Queens or Ladies – the third best starting hand with a winning probability of 80% pre-fop.
- JJ – Pocket Jacks or Fishhooks – Pre-flop, it has a 78% chance of winning and is still a still a very strong hand. Be mindful of opponents.
- AKs – Big Slick – Ace King suited is the top unpaired starting hand to have in a game of poker. Also called Anna Kournikova or Kalashnikov (AK rifle) by recreational players
- Ts – TNT or Tension. The nickname for Pocket Tens is because having a pair of tens pre-flop is tense because of the high chance of overcards.
- AQs – Big Chick – Ace Queen suited is another hand with the potential to win the pot.
- AKo – Big Slick – Ace King off-suits also rank high in the chart and is capable of winning at least 40% of the time against any other hand (except aces or kings).
- AJs – Armani Jeans – Ace and Jack suited is better than most other hands. However, if an opponent raises from early position, proceed with caution.
- KQs – Marriage – King and Queen suited is a strong hand that can end up a making Royal Flush.
Other Possible Hands–
- Suited Connectors (98s, 76s, T9s)
- Offsuit Connectors (T9o, 98o, 54o, JTo)
- Suited Gappers (97s, T8s, KJs)
*s refers to suited cards (of the same suit)
*o refers to off-suited cards (of different suits)
There are a possible 169 non-equivalent starting hands (ignoring specific suits) in a standard 52-card deck in Texas Hold’em Poker. So, here’s a chart with detailing the win percentage of Texas Holdem starting hands-
Top Texas Holdem Starting Hands You Should Pray For
Best Cards To Have In Poker Sites
- Every player is dealt two cards face down
- Five community cards are placed on the table (whose value is shown as the round progresses).
- All players try to make the best five-card combination from among the board and personal cards and bet on the same.
- Best hand at the end of the round is declared the winner(s) and wins the pot.
It’s only by knowing how to master the basics do you become a poker player who is taken very seriously by his/her opponents. Learn more about the basics of poker-
Brands Of Poker Playing Cards
Poker Diaries: Online Poker vs Offline Poker – The Similarities, The Differences
Poker Diaries: When To Bet & When To Fold With The PreFlop Range Chart
Poker Diaries: Different Types of Poker Playing Styles & Personality
Poker Diaries: Importance of Playing in Position
Poker Diaries: What Are Outs & How To Calculate Them?
Poker Diaries: What are Pot Odds and Equity?