Las Vegas Sports Betting provide live daily MLB Baseball Odds located below, those lines are constantly updated throughout the day all best Baseball Odds & Betting Lines for MLB. Need a Sportsbook to place your 2020 MLB Baseball Bet? Try one of our recommended Sportsbooks, MyBookie Free $1,000 or Bovada $500 Welcome Bonus. LINE STL -130 STL -128 STL -129 STL -133 STL -130. Build the best lineup for today's MLB games. Lineup Optimizer. The betting lines for baseball games are typically different than football or basketball. You’ll see point spreads for those sports, but the most common bet in baseball is the moneyline. How to Bet Run-Line Odds. Baseball often has very large money line prices, with heavy favorites, due to uneven pitching matchups or one strong team facing one which is struggling. Heavy favorites are very common, making the money-line wagers rather risky. You have to risk so much for so little. The 2020 MLB season has been released with a shortened 60 game schedule beginning on July 23rd. This MLB Vegas Odds page will be updated daily with money line betting odds on each game, including baseball odds from Las Vegas sportsbooks such as Westgate Superbook, Circa Sports, William Hill, and MGM.
A good sports quote has the ability to inspire, to make you laugh, to challenge you to see the world in a new way. While some athletes have been veritable quote machines — we have an entire collection of Yogi Berra quotes — others may wait an entire career to say one line that can inspire fans around the globe.
Below we will look at 40 of the greatest quotes ever from the world of sports. Some are funny, some are inspirational, plenty are about winning and losing. Whether you’re working on a speech or just looking for a little pearl of wisdom to help you navigate a tough time, hopefully there is something here for you. Enjoy these quotes.
Inspirational Sports Quotes
1. “If you have everything under control, you’re not moving fast enough.” — Mario Andretti
2. “During my 18 years I came to bat almost 10,000 times. I struck out about 1,700 times and walked maybe 1,800 times. You figure a ballplayer will average about 500 at-bats a season. That means I played sever years without ever hitting the ball.” — Mickey Mantle
3. “I’ve been in the twilight of my career longer than most people have had their career.” — Martina Navratilova
4. “Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don’t move.” — Satchel Paige
5. “I became a good pitcher when I stopped trying to make them miss the ball and started trying to make them hit it.” — Sandy Koufax
First, you get some spins and coins from coin master. After you have to use spins to earn coins. Every hour you will get 5 spins from coin master. You can get 40 spins from referring your friend. (Note: Your friend never joined coin master earlier). You can get coin master free spins. Coin master free spins 2020 app.
6. “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” — Michael Jordan
7. “It’s not whether you get knocked down; it’s whether you get up.” — Vince Lombardi
8. “Do not let what you can not do interfere with what you can do.” — John Wooden
9. “If you aren’t going all the way, why go at all?” — Joe Namath
10. “You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.” — Arthur Ashe
Funny Sports Quotes
11. “I love me some me.” — Terrell Owens
12. “Nobody beats Vitas Gerulaitis 17 times in a row.” — Vitas Gerulaitis, upon beating Jimmy Connors after 16 consecutive losses to him
13. “I should be a postage stamp. That’s the only way I’ll ever get licked.” — Muhammad Ali
14. “I heard Tonya Harding is calling herself the Charles Barkley of figure skating. I was going to sue her for defamation of character, but then I realized I have no character.” — Charles Barkley
15. “A virgin.” — Peter Crouch, when asked what he would be if he wasn’t a professional soccer player
16. “ is a simple game: 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes, and at the end, the Germans win.” — Gary Lineker
17. “I feel like I’m the best, but you’re not going to get me to say that.” — Jerry Rice
18. “When you’re rich, you don’t write checks. Straight cash, homie.” — Randy Moss
19. “They don’t think it be like it is, but it do.” — Oscar Gamble, former MLB outfielder
20. “I dunno. I never smoked any AstroTurf.” — Tug McGraw, on if he preferred grass or AstroTurf
21. “Because there are no fours.” — Antoine Walker, on why he shot so many 3-pointers
22. “Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein.” — Joe Theismann
23. “I’m glad I don’t play anymore. I could never learn all of those handshakes.” — Phil Rizzuto
24. “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn’t get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane
25. “I’d be willing to bet you, if I was a betting man, that I have never bet on baseball.” — Pete Rose
26. “If you’re not sure what to do with the ball, just pop it in the net and we’ll discuss your options afterward.” — Bill Shankly, former Liverpool manager, to one of his strikers
27. “The secret is to have eight great players and four others who will cheer like crazy.” — Jerry Tarkanian
28. “Vengeance is for God. I’m just here to play tennis.” — Serena Williams, when asked about avenging a 2002 loss to Kim Clijsters.
Sports Quotes About Winning
29. “Winning isn’t everything, it’s the only thing.” — Vince Lombardi
30. “The key is not the will to win… everybody has that. It is the will to prepare to win that is important.” — Bobby Knight
31. “When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.” — Paul Brown
32. “A champion is afraid of losing. Everyone else is afraid of winning.” — Billie Jean King
33. “Winning isn’t everything, but it beats anything that comes in second.” — Paul “Bear” Bryant
34. “Losing feels worse than winning feels good.” — Vin Scully
35. “Winning is the most important thing in my life, after breathing. Breathing first, winning next.”— George Steinbrenner
36. “For me, winning isn’t something that happens suddenly on the field when the whistle blows and the crowds roar. Winning is something that builds physically and mentally every day that you train and every night that you dream.” — Emmitt Smith
37. “No matter how much you’ve won, no matter how many games, no matter how many championships, no matter how many Super Bowls, you’re not winning now, so you stink.” — Bill Parcells
38. “Winning solves everything.” — Tiger Woods
39. “Victory is fleeting. Losing is forever.” — Billie Jean King
40. “I’ve never lost a game. I just ran out of time.” — Michael Jordan
The point spread - also called 'the line' or 'the spread' - is used as a margin to handicap the favorite team. For betting purposes, the oddsmaker predicts that the favored team will win by a certain number of points. This number of points is the point spread. The favorite is always indicated by a minus sign (e.g. -5.5) and the underdog by a plus sign (e.g.+5.5). If you bet on the favorite, you win your bet if the favorite wins AND their margin of victory is greater than the point spread. If you bet on the underdog, you win if the underdog wins, ties, or if the favored team wins but fails to exceed the point spread. It is standard for point spread bets in most sports that you wager $110 to win $100.
The point spread given in the table above is for the home team only. To see the odds for both teams, click on the matchup.
A money line, used in baseball and hockey, takes the place of a point spread. Money line betting is simply wagering on the contest based on a given price rather than a point spread. The team wagered on has to win the game outright, regardless of the score. The minus sign (e.g.-130) always indicates the favorite and the amount you must bet to win $100. The plus sign (e.g.+120) always indicates the underdog and the amount you win for every $100 bet. Using this example, therefore, you would bet $130 to win $100 on the favorite, while for the underdog you would bet $100 to win $120.
The over/under is the number of points oddsmakers expect will be the total score for the contest (both teams combined, overtime included). You bet on whether the total points scored will be more or less than this number. As with point spread bets, you must generally wager $110 to win $100.
Betting on a point spread or money line is sometimes called betting 'sides' - that is, betting that one side or the other will be the winner - while betting the over/under is referred to as betting 'totals'.
Baseball Lineup For Today
[ Back to Top ]